Trump says US could attack Iran Again but That Tehran Wants Deal

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the United States may need to attack Iran again, revealing he was only an hour away from authorizing a strike before deciding to postpone it

Trump says  US could attack Iran Again but That Tehran Wants Deal

Trump says US could attack Iran Again but That Tehran Wants Deal


 U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the United States may need to attack Iran again, revealing he was only an hour away from authorizing a strike before deciding to postpone it.

​Trump spoke to reporters at the White House a day after announcing he had paused a planned resumption of military operations following a new peace proposal from Tehran.

​"I was an hour away from making the decision to go today," Trump said on Tuesday.


​He further claimed that Iran's leaders are "begging" to make a deal, but warned that a new U.S. assault would commence in the coming days if negotiations fail.

​"Well, I mean, I'm saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, a limited period of time, because we can't let them have a new nuclear weapon."

​Iran's Counter-Proposal and Demands

​Earlier on Tuesday, Iranian state media reported that Tehran's latest peace proposal includes:

  • ​Ending hostilities on all fronts, including Lebanon.
  • ​The withdrawal of U.S. forces from areas close to Iran.
  • ​Reparations for destruction caused by the U.S.-Israeli war.

​In Tehran's first official comments on the matter, Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi stated that Iran is also demanding the lifting of economic sanctions, the release of frozen financial funds, and an immediate end to the U.S. marine blockade, according to the IRNA news agency.

​However, the terms outlined in the Iranian reports appeared largely unchanged from a previous offer, which Trump abruptly rejected last week, labeling it "garbage."

Regional Standoff and Economic Pressures

​Reuters could not independently determine whether immediate military preparations had been made for strikes, which would mark a major escalation in the conflict Trump initiated in late February.

​Trump remains under heavy pressure to secure an accord that would reopen the Strait of Hormuz—a vital global transit choke point for oil and international commodities. While the U.S. President has previously expressed optimism that a diplomatic resolution was close, he has consistently coupled those hopes with threats of devastating military strikes if Tehran fails to comply.

Source: Reuters